UPDATE – 11:44 a.m.
Roanoke Fire-EMS says firefighters were dispatched at 6:55 a.m. to the 5500 block of Green Ridge Road NW for the report of a structure fire.
Officials say arriving units found heavy fire and black smoke on the rear side of the home.
Crews from Salem Fire and EMS assisted in the response, with the fire being brought under control in 30 minutes, crews say.
Roanoke-EMS said no injuries were sustained from residents or fire personnel, however, a family dog perished in the fire.
Officials say residents of the home have been displaced and are being helped by the American Red Cross.
The fire has been deemed accidental, and the residence is estimated to be a total loss, fire crews say.
[googlemaps https://www.facebook.com/plugins/post.php?href=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2FRoanokeFireEMS%2Fposts%2Fpfbid0zNpkXqMjZBqGz5QXLtzqoDVCnfDD8o5onPWxq8UNqRWBcN3iEdEBkLang1daaHeol&show_text=true&width=500″ style=”border:none;overflow:hidden” width=”500″>
Drivers should avoid Green Ridge Road at Cove Road in Northwest Roanoke if they can due to a house fire Thursday morning.
At this time, the road is closed and won’t be open for another hour or so, Roanoke Fire-EMS says.
We’re told the home has severe damage, leaving two people displaced. They are currently being assisted by the American Red Cross.
While both residents were able to make it out of the fire, a pet, unfortunately, did not make it, according to Roanoke Fire-EMS Chief David Hoback.
The fire has been ruled accidental in nature, but the fire marshal is still working to confirm an exact cause.
We have a reporter at the scene and will continue to update this article as information becomes readily available.
Stay with 10 News as this breaking news story develops
Source: WSLS News 10
Be First to Comment