STATESVILLE, N.C. (FOX 46 CHARLOTTE) – Tropical Storm Zeta damaged a United States Postal Service vehicle on Thursday, including multiple homes and other vehicles across the Carolinas.
The USPS employee was not hurt, a witness told FOX 46 on Thursday.
“Thank goodness John, our mail carrier, is okay. He was leaning out of his truck delivering mail when a tree fell on him. This is in the Eastbrook neighborhood in Statesville,” James Hogan said.
The accident happened at the intersection of E. Elementary Road and Eastbrook Lane.
The mashed mail truck was one of countless examples of property damage across North Carolina caused by the fast-moving storm.
Hundreds of thousands of homes and businesses remain without power Thursday afternoon.
Latest headlines from FOX8
- Mail truck is flattened by falling tree in Statesville
- Statewide crime spree ends after 3 suspects arrested in Alamance County
- NC A&T State University partners with Cone Health to help the Triad access healthcare
- Family says hero brother saved 9-year-old after man grabbed, tried to ‘drag’ boy out of corn maze
- Girl Scouts tweet, then delete post congratulating Amy Coney Barrett
Source: Fox 8 News Channel