Press "Enter" to skip to content

Hollins townhouse fire leaves $75,000 in damages

UPDATE

Roanoke County Fire and Rescue has provided an update on a Hollins townhouse fire that left a family of three displaced.

After a thorough investigation, the Roanoke County Fire Marshal’s Office determined that the fire was caused by combustible material too close to the stovetop.

The fire resulted in $75,000 in damages, authorities said.

Roanoke County Fire and Rescue told 10 News that the family is currently staying with family.

ORIGINAL STORY

A family of three will need to find another place to stay after a fire broke out at their home Sunday evening, according to Roanoke County Fire and Rescue.

At about 5 p.m. Sunday, crews were called to the 7000 block of Sugar Maple Court in the Hollins area for the report of a fire at a townhouse. For reference, this is behind the Goodwill off Peters Creek Road.

Crews arrived to find light smoke coming from the two-story townhome and were able to bring the fire under control within 15 minutes. Firefighters believe that the fire started in the kitchen near the refrigerator.

We’re told an adult and two cats were inside at the time of the fire, while two other residents weren’t there.

Fortunately, there were no reported injuries and the cats are safe, according to authorities. No other townhomes were damaged either.

The Fire Marshal’s Office is still investigating how the fire started and what the damages are.


Source: WSLS News 10

Be First to Comment

    Leave a Reply