With the Ironman Triathlon coming up this weekend, there are some road closures and parking restrictions to keep on your radar.
Here’s a list of the street and parking restrictions you should expect this weekend:
Road and On-Street Parking Restrictions
May 31-June 5:
- You will not be allowed to park on eastbound Reserve Avenue.
- Parking lots will be partially closed at Wasena Park (both lots), Vic Thomas Park, River’s Edge North and Piedmont Park.
Downtown parking restrictions will be in effect from 6 a.m. to 2 p.m. at the following areas:
- Jefferson Street (southbound lanes between Norfolk Avenue and Reserve Avenue)
- Norfolk Avenue (eastbound lanes between Jefferson Street and Campbell Avenue)
- Norfolk Avenue (westbound lanes between Wise Avenue and Campbell Avenue)
- Campbell Avenue (westbound Lanes between 10th Street and 3rd Street)
- Wise Avenue (all parking Indian Village to Norfolk Avenue)
Parking lots will be closed at the following areas:
- Wasena Park (both lots)
- Vic Thomas Park
- River’s Edge North
- Piedmont Park
- Tinker Creek Greenway Trail Head on Wise Avenue
The following roads will be closed to traffic and parking will be prohibited:
- Reserve Avenue will be closed to traffic from 12:01 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Wiley Drive will be closed to traffic and parking will be prohibited from 12:01 a.m. to 6 p.m. between Franklin Road and Crystal Spring Avenue.
- Old Jefferson Street will be closed at Belleview Avenue.
- The Jefferson Street right turn lane onto Crystal Spring Avenue will be closed.
- Crystal Spring Avenue will also be closed from Weller Avenue to Wiley Drive with the exception of emergency vehicles traveling from the west.
For more information as well as a list of parking options for volunteers, athletes and spectators, click here.
Source: WSLS News 10