RALEIGH, N.C. — Gov. Roy Cooper has announced a new executive order preventing evictions for people who cannot pay their rent.
Roughly 300,000-400,000 households across North Carolina are currently unable to pay rent, Cooper said.
You can read the full order below:
Latest headlines from FOX8
- Gov. Cooper signs Executive Order preventing evictions for people who can’t afford rent
- More than half of registered NC voters have cast their ballots
- 2021 Boston Marathon postponed, ‘at least’ until the fall
- ‘She felt kind of bad for him’: Family says NC woman tried to help her suspected killer
- ‘Brave’ Burlington 3rd grader helps spread knowledge after discovering helpful Chromebook feature
Source: Fox 8 News Channel