Press "Enter" to skip to content

Expect some hot days ahead in the Piedmont Triad

(WGHP) — A hot 4th of July across the Piedmont. 

We cracked 90 degrees today and the heat index topped 100 in many areas. We could see some isolated shower and thunderstorm activity this through this evening with about 30% of us getting some rain. Overnight, skies will be partly cloudy with a low near 75.

Tomorrow will be hot with a 40% chance for a shower or thunderstorm. Otherwise, partly sunny with a high of 95. Tomorrow night, a shower or thunderstorm is possible early, otherwise partly cloudy with a low of 76.

Over the weekend, partly to mostly cloudy Saturday with a 60% chance for showers and thunderstorms, higher chances due to a cold front sliding through the area. Some areas could see a strong storm and very heavy rain. Keep in mind, if the forecast is correct, 40% of you will get no rain. That is the nature of showers and thunderstorms. Those that do get rain, should be less than 30 minutes of your day.  Most areas will be still be rain free much of the day. Highs near 90.

Sunday will be partly sunny with a 40% chance for a shower or thunderstorm, highs a little cooler around 87.

Next week looks to be active with scattered showers and thunderstorms each day. Chances range from 50-60% each day. Highs in the upper 80s to near 90, lows in the lower 70s.

In the Tropics, Beryl will move across the Yucatan Peninsula on Friday as a weakening hurricane that will become a Tropical Storm. It will then reemerge over the water Saturday and gain some strength before reaching northern Mexico and southern Texas Monday morning as a hurricane and then fall back to a Tropical Storm. 


Source: Fox 8 News Channel

Be First to Comment

    Leave a Reply