While some Country Cookin restaurants have already closed, the company announced on Friday that Sunday will be the last day for all of its restaurants.
The company posted the following message to its Facebook page.
The comfort food chain was founded in 1981 and offered 13 different locations, most of which were along the Interstate 81 corridor.
Now, only 5 restaurants remain open.
- Christiansburg – Open 11 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- Culpeper – Open 9 a.m. to 7:30 p.m
- Lexington – Open 11 a.m. to 7:30 p.m.
- Staunton – Open 11:30 a.m. to 7:30 p.m.
- Troutville – Open 11 a.m. to 7p.m.
Last month, the Melrose Avenue location in Roanoke permanently closed.
When the coronavirus pandemic hit, the company was forced to close for two months and layoff the majority of its more than 400 employees.
Back in September, 10 News was told many of the restaurants wouldn’t survive unless Congress passes another stimulus package.
Source: WSLS News 10